JM Clipper Features, Advantages and Benefits
The Clipper Oil Seal can be used as a direct replacement for metal case seals and provides the following benefits:
1. Composite OD provides gasket-type seal at OD for improved sealing in worn housings. Compression plates are not required for seal retention or lip loading. The tight press fit eliminates the need for a cover plate.
2. Will not rust or corrode.
3. Consists of a seal lip and seal OD to form a one-piece molded construction across entire size range and a more robust design compared to gluing or crimping the seal lip to a metal case.
4. Resists problems caused by thermal expansion when seal case and housing are different materials.
5. Eliminates seal damage during installation. The Clipper seal is known for its user-friendly installation.
6. Nonmetallic construction allows splitable design.
7. Composite material provides unique design capabilities; i.e. flange, buttons, mounting holes.
8. Allows for faster delivery of non-stock items with no manufacturing delays caused by waiting on metal components. Seals 14″ and over ship in under 10 days and typically less than four weeks for small diameter.