Home >> Accessibility
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the purpose of this policy it to outline responsibilities in providing goods, services, and opportunities to people with disabilities.
Daemar Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario’s Accessibility laws.
Daemar is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities. This commitment is demonstrated in the areas of:
We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that consider their disability. We will train our employees who communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
2. Telephone Services:
We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone services to our clients. We train our employees to communicate with clients over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly.
3. Assistive Devices:
We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our services. Our employees are familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by clients with disabilities while accessing our services.
We are committed to providing accessible invoices to al of our clients. Invoices will be provided in alternative format upon request. We will answer and questions clients may have about the content of the invoice in person, be telephone or email.
5. Use of service animals and support persons:
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will also ensure that all employees and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Daemar premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
6. Notice of temporary disruption:
Daemar will provide clients with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and its description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at all entrances. The notice will be given in accordance with requirements under section 5 of the AODA.
We will provide training to all employees or other third parties on our behalf. Training will include the following:
• The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the regulations and accessibility standards.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
• How to locate and implement our Practice policies, practices and procedures on accessibility standards
• Training will also be provided to each new employee at a reasonable time upon hire, and if any changes are made to the accessible customer service plan.
Daemar shall take the following steps to notify team members and the public about the availability of accommodations for applicants with disabilities as follows:
• During the recruitment process, Daemar will notify the public and prospective applicants that we are an accessible employer and will make the appropriate accommodations for candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
• During the interview stage, all candidates will be asked if they require accommodations for the interview. If an accommodation is requested, Human Resources will consult with the candidate and provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that takes into account the person’s disability.
Daemar shall ensure that Individual Accommodation Plans meet the requirements of AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Our ultimate goal is to meet and surpass client expectations while serving people with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated using any of the following methods:
Human Resources Manager 905-847-6500 ext. 1014
861 Cranberry Court Oakville, ON L6L 6J7
Availability of Documents:
This Policy will be made available to any member of the public upon request and will be provided in a format that is accessible to the person.
Modifications to this or other Policies:
Any policy, practice, or procedure of Daemar that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.