LP Series - Bearing Isolator
LP - Custom seal designs
Custom-designed non-contact labyrinth bearing isolator seals.
- OPERATION TYPE: Non-Flooded
- MAXIMUM SURFACE SPEED: Up to 5,000 fpm (25 m/s)
- PRESSURE RATING: 0 psi
- AXIAL MOVEMENT: 0.020 inch (0.51 mm)
- ECCENTRICITY: 0.020 inch
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: -40° to 250 °F / -40° to 121 °C
- SHAFT DIAMETER: 0.500 to 10.000 inch (12 to 254 mm)
- BORE DIAMETER: 1.125 to 11.500 inch (22 to 294 mm)
- SEAL MATERIAL: PTFE
- O-RING MATERIAL: FKM is standard. Alternates available
Machine downtime due to bearing failure is costly. By keeping lubrication in and contaminants out, ProTech™ bearing isolators provide reliable, two-way sealing protection of rotating equipment for extended bearing life. Labyrinth sealing technology applied to high performance materials allows the ProTech LP Profile bearing isolator to operate far beyond shaft speed limits of standard radial lip seals and avoid shaft wear.
Our non-contact design has virtually no torque consumption and therefore will not wear or groove shafts, and allows for non-lubricated dry runs. It also accommodates the greatest axial movement in the industry, reducing a major factor that causes labyrinth seal failure.
We can custom engineer solutions to meet exacting specifications for either new or retrofit applications. When used to replace seals during planned or unplanned rebuilds, the LP Profile lowers shaft cost due to liberal specifications. Costs can also be eliminated on tooling charges due to the fact that ProTech is a precision-machined seal.
Many LP's have a labyrinth design like our ProTech LS Profile. However, the LP designation may also refer to a stator-only design for niche applications. Contact our technical sales team regarding the LP Profile.
Our team can configure custom bearing isolator designs to fit most applications. These isolators range from small and simple to large and complex. For example, but not limited to:
- Designs specific for ANSI pumps
- Split air purge
- Grease purge
ProTech uses proprietary PTFE compounds making it well suited for harsh environments, such as citric acids and strong caustics. This superior chemical resistance allows for the standardization of a single material within a plant, eliminating the need to stock duplicate sizes in expensive stainless steel or other exotic materials.
Characteristics of the various PTFE materials offered:
- Temperature range: -40 to 250 F (-40 to 121 C)
- Higher temperature applications can be handled with alternate materials
- Low wear, low coefficient of friction. Superior for dynamic applications
- FDA compliant
- USDA 3A sanitary standards for food and dairy product contact
O-Rings: Come standard as FKM, but are also available in:
- FDA silicone
Shaft mounting position and compatible lubrication types:
- Horizontal Mounting: Grease, Oil, Dry
- Vertical Up Mounting: Grease, Oil, Dry (If contaminant level is heavy see LW design)
- Vertical Down Mounting: Grease, Dry
The LP Profile is manufactured in standard shaft diameters ranging from 1/2” to 10” (12.7 mm to 254 mm). Because this is a precision machined seal, we can manufacture virtually any configuration.